On March 21, 2012, The Jets traded for Tim Tebow.
On December 27, 2012, the Jets finalized the last days of Tebow in New York by declining once again to start him – even after the injury to current starter, Greg McElroy – in favor of embattled former starter, Mark Sanchez.
There will be a lot of articles talking about what a failure this was for the Jets, but let’s look at the Jets mindset on that day in March.
Here, in order, are some of the reasons the Jets traded for Tim Tebow.
1. Jersey Sales
2. Ticket Sales
3. Thrilling Press Conferences
4. Trying To Be The Lord’s Team
15. The Wildcat
23. Coveting Draft Picks Is Overrated
34. Allowing Rex Ryan to Atone for His Dirty Language
49. Bench Manners
51. Tebow Action Figures
68. Reaping the Benefits of Selling the Cure to Tebowmania
74. Human Statue of Liberty
88. Free Underwear
100. Play QB
In other news, Lisa Zimmerman of CBS is reporting Mike Tannenbaum will be fired Monday…